Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My dessert.....

...it mocks me.


After all the time and effort that went into it, it turned into a ridiculous failure.
Luckily it still tasted good!
Can you tell what it is?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Yes, it's Panna Cotta!
Obvious, huh?

It started out so promising:


...but then when it came out, the shape just didn't hold, and the vanilla seeds had all sunk:

leaving me with what looked like big flat eyeballs.


But the texture was still okay, and the taste was nice.


If only it had presented itself a little better....


So you'll understand if I don't post this recipe.
Unless you'd like some giant eyeballs, of course.

4 comments:

  1. Manu, that's absolutlely hilarious! Maybe you could make them again for Halloween? Henry and I had a similarly unfortunate experience with a batch of macaroons lately but we tried again another day and got them just right. Practise makes perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes, I now have the perfect recipe for edible googly eyes, good for Trick or Treating. ;-)

    I might have to try again, splitting the batch in two- dissolving half the gelatine in the milk, like I did this time, and half in boiling water, and then seeing how the two results shape up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best scientific discoveries always happen by accident they say. And now when someone is looking for that elusive eyeball recipe (perhaps Heston's feast??) ... you can help!

    Since you're sharing disasters, I ruined Drew's birthday Blackforest cake last year by refrigerating it to let the flavours blend as the recipe said... I improvised the recipe this year and it was better, though frightfully tall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah, I love watching Heston's Feast! :-)
    Yes, i shall carefully guard my secret recipe, in case he needs to call upon me one day...

    Mmm, improvising is fun, I did it with a bikkie recipe the other day. Interesting results.
    I envy your tall cake though, mine are never tall enough! Fine when in the oven, and then they deflate like balloons once cold....

    ReplyDelete